- ZERO-DIMENSIONAL SYMMETRY SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr Stephan Tornier, The University of Newcastle
- Title: An introduction to self-similar groups
- Location: Room G29, McMullin (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 2:00 pm, Mon, 3rd Sep 2018
We introduce the notion of self-similarity for groups acting on regular rooted trees as well as their description using automata and wreath iteration. Following the definition of Grigorchuk's group we show that it is an infinite, finitely generated 2-group. The proof illustrates the use of self-similarity.
- [Permanent link]