- CARMA-GTA DISCRETE MATHEMATICS SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr Uwe Leck, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Wisconsin-Superior
- Title: Orthogonal Double Covers of Graphs
- Location: Room V129, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 4:00 pm, Tue, 28th Jun 2011
The concept of orthogonal double covers (ODC) of graphs originates in questions concerning database constraints and problems in statistical combinatorics and in design theory. An ODC of the complete graph $K_n$ by a graph $G$ is a collection of $n$ subgraphs of $K_n$, all isomorphic to $G$, such that any two of them share exactly one edge, and every edge of $K_n$ occurs in exactly two of the subgraphs. We survey some of the main results and conjectures in the area as well as constructions, generalizations and modifications of ODC.
- [Permanent link]