- SIGMAOPT/CARMA SEMINAR
- Speaker: Liangjin Yao, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: The sum of a maximally monotone linear relation and the subdifferential of a proper lower semicontinuous convex function is maximally monotone
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: UNewcastle [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 4:00 pm, Thu, 11th Aug 2011
The most important open problem in Monotone Operator Theory concerns the maximal monotonicity of the sum of two maximally monotone operators provided that Rockafellar's constraint qualification holds. In this talk, we prove the maximal monotonicity of the sum of a maximally monotone linear relation and the subdifferential of a proper lower semicontinuous convex function satisfying Rockafellar's constraint qualification. Moreover, we show that this sum operator is of type (FPV).
- [Permanent link]