- CARMA ANALYSIS AND NUMBER THEORY SEMINAR
- Speaker: Armin Staub, Tulane University
- Title: q-analogs of classical binomial congruences
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Tue, 23rd Aug 2011
We introduce the concept and several examples of q-analogs. A particular focus is on the q-binomial coefficients, which are characterized in a variety of ways.
We recall classical binomial congruences and review their known q-analogs.
Finally, we establish a full q-analog of Ljunggren's congruence which states that (a*p choose b*p) is congruent to (a choose b) mod p^3.
- [Permanent link]