- SIGMAOPT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Vladimir Ejov, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of South Australia
- Title: Perturbed Determinants, Spectral Theory and Longest Cycles on Graphs
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: UNewcastle [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 2:30 pm, Tue, 8th Nov 2011
We interpret the Hamiltonian Cycle problem (HCP) as a an optimisation problem with the determinant objective function, naturally arising from the embedding of HCP into a Markov decision process. We also exhibit a characteristic structure of the class of all cubic graphs that stems from the spectral properties of their adjacency matrices and provide an analytic explanation of this structure.
- [Permanent link]