- SIGMAOPT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Laureate Prof Jon Borwein, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Selection theorems in optimization, Part II: Applications
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: UNewcastle [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Thu, 29th Mar 2012
Selection theorems assert that one can pick a well behaved function from a corresponding multifunction. They play a very important role in modern optimization theory. In Part I, I will survey their structure and some applications before sketching some important applications and open research problems in Part II.
- [Permanent link]