- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Timothy Trudgian, Australian National University
- Title: By how much does Mertens' conjecture fail?
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: UNewcastle [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Mon, 8th Oct 2012
If some arithmetical sums are small then the complex zeroes of the zeta-function are linearly dependent. Since we don't believe the conclusion we ought not to believe the premise. I will show that the zeroes are 'almost linearly independent' which implies, in particular, that the Mertens conjecture fails more drastically than was previously known.
- [Permanent link]