- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr Victoria Martín-Márquez, Department of Mathematical Analysis, Universidad de Sevilla
- Title: Right Bregman nonexpansive operators in Banach spaces
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: UNewcastle [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Mon, 26th Nov 2012
Nonexpansive operators in Banach spaces are of utmost importance in Nonlinear Analysis and Optimization Theory. We are concerned in this talk with classes of operators which are, in some sense, nonexpansive not with respect to the norm, but with respect to Bregman distances. Since these distances are not symmetric in general, it seems natural to distinguish between left and right Bregman nonexpansive operators. Some left classes have already been studied quite intensively, so this talk is mainly devoted to right Bregman nonexpansive operators and the relationship between both classes.
This talk is based on joint works with Prof. Simeon Reich and Shoham Sabach from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa.
- [Permanent link]