- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Mr Matthew Tam, School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Cyclic Douglas-Rachford Iterations
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: CARMA [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:30 pm, Mon, 20th May 2013
In this talk we introduce a Douglas-Rachford inspired projection algorithm, the cyclic Douglas-Rachford iteration scheme. We show, unlike the classical Douglas-Rachford scheme, that the method can be applied directly to convex feasibility problems in Hilbert space without recourse to a product space formulation. Initial results, from numerical experiments comparing our methods to the classical Douglas-Rachford scheme, are promising.
This is joint work with Prof. Jonathan Borwein.
- [Permanent link]