- CARMA DISCRETE MATHEMATICS INSTRUCTIONAL SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof. Richard Brent, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: The Probabilistic Method continues
- Location: Room V101, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Thu, 23rd May 2013
We continue on the Probabilistic Method, looking at Chapter 4 of Alon and Spencer. We will consider the second moment, the Chebyshev's inequality, Markov's inequality and Chernoff's inequality.
- [Permanent link]