- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr Liangjin Yao, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Analysis of the convergence rate for the cyclic projection algorithm applied to semi-algebraic convex sets
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: CARMA [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:30 pm, Mon, 3rd Jun 2013
In this talk, we study the rate of convergence of the cyclic projection algorithm applied to finitely many semi-algebraic convex sets. We establish an explicit convergence rate estimate which relies on the maximum degree of the polynomials that generate the semi-algebraic convex sets and the dimension of the underlying space. We achieve our results by exploiting the algebraic structure of the semi-algebraic convex sets.
This is the joint work with Jon Borwein and Guoyin Li.
- [Permanent link]