- CARMA DISCRETE MATHEMATICS INSTRUCTIONAL SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof Peter Eades, The University of Sydney
- Title: Geometric and Planar Automorphisms of Graphs
- Location: Room V101, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Thu, 11th Jul 2013
Roughly speaking, an automorphism $a$ of a graph $G$ is geometric if there is a drawing $D$ of $G$ such that $a$ induces a symmetry of $D$; if $D$ is planar then a is planar. In this talk we discuss geometric and planar automorphisms. In particular we sketch a linear time algorithm for finding a planar drawing of a planar graph with maximum symmetry.
- [Permanent link]