- CARMA DISCRETE MATHEMATICS INSTRUCTIONAL SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof Richard Brent, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Bounds on the Hadamard maximal determinant problem using the Lovasz local lemma
- Location: Room V101, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Thu, 18th Jul 2013
I will explain how the probabalistic method can be used to obtain lower bounds for the Hadamard maximal determinant problem, and outline how the Lovasz local lemma (Alon and Spencer, Corollary 5.1.2) can be used to improve the lower bounds.
This is a continuation of last semester's lectures on the probabilistic method, but is intended to be self-contained.
- [Permanent link]