- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof Wadim Zudilin, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Mock theta functions
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: CARMA [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Tue, 3rd Sep 2013
In his deathbed letter to G.H. Hardy, Ramanujan gave a vague definition of a mock modular function: at each root of unity its asymptotics matches the one of a modular form, though a choice of the modular function depends on the root of unity. Recently Folsom, Ono and Rhoades have proved an elegant result about the match for a general family related to Dyson’s rank (mock theta) function and the Andrews—Garvan crank (modular) function. In my talk I will outline some heuristics and elementary ingredients of the proof.
- [Permanent link]