- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof Frank Garvan, University of Florida
- Title: Dyson's Rank Function and Andrews's SPT Function.
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: CARMA [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Tue, 20th Aug 2013
Let spt(n) denote the number of smallest parts in the partitions of n. In
2008, Andrews found surprising congruences for the spt-function mod 5, 7 and
13. We discuss new congruences for spt(n) mod powers of 2.
We give new generating function identities for the spt-function and
Dyson's rank function. Recently with Andrews and Liang we found a spt-crank
function that explains Andrews spt-congruences mod 5 and 7. We extend
these results by finding spt-cranks for various overpartition-spt-functions
of Ahlgren, Bringmann, Lovejoy and Osburn. This most recent work
is joint with Chris Jennings-Shaffer.
- [Permanent link]