- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr Thomas Kalinowski, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: A Social Welfare Optimal Sequential Allocation Procedure
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: CARMA [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Tue, 8th Oct 2013
There exist a variety of mechanisms to share indivisible goods between agents. One of the simplest is to let the agents take turns to pick an item. This mechanism is parameterized by a policy, the order in which agents take turns. A simple model of this mechanism was proposed by Bouveret and Lang in 2011. We show that in their setting the natural policy of letting the agents alternate in picking items is optimal. We also present a number of potential generalizations and extensions.
This is joint work with Nina Narodytska and Toby Walsh.
- [Permanent link]