- CARMA DISCRETE MATHEMATICS SEMINAR
- Speaker: Ilaria Castellano, University of Bari Aldo Moro
- Title: The Rough Cayley Graph
- Location: Room V129, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Thu, 7th Nov 2013
The rough Cayley graph is the analogue in the context of topological groups of the standard Cayley graph, which is defined for finitely generated group. It will be shown how it is possible to associate such a graph to a compactly generated totally disconnected and locally compact (t.d.l.c.) group and how the rough Cayley graph represents an important tool to study the structure of this kind of group.
- [Permanent link]