- CARMA TEACHING AND LEARNING SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof Liz Burd, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Proposals for the flipped classroom at the UoN
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 2:00 pm, Tue, 21st Jan 2014
Liz will talk about how the UoN could make more use of the flipped classroom. The flipped classroom is an approach where content is provided in advance to students and instead of the traditional lecture the time is spent interacting with students through worked examples etc.
Liz will examine impacts on student learning, but also consider how to make this approach manageable to staff workloads and how lecture theatres design can be altered to facilitate this new way of learning.
- [Permanent link]