- CARMA TEACHING AND LEARNING SEMINAR
- Speaker: Shaun Belward, School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, James Cook University
- Title: Attention where it is needed: strengthening the mathematics experience for pre-service mathematics teachers
- Location: Room V129, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 11:30 am, Fri, 13th Jun 2014
The need for well-trained secondary mathematics teachers is well documented. In this talk we will discuss strategies we have developed at JCU to address the quality of graduating mathematics teachers. These strategies are broadly grouped as (i) having students develop a sense of how they learn mathematics and the skills they can work on to improve their learning of mathematics, and (ii) the need for specific mathematics content subjects for pre-service secondary mathematics teachers.
- [Permanent link]