- CARMA TEACHING AND LEARNING SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof Kim Beswick, The University of Tasmania
- Title: What do great mathematics teachers know and believe?
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 11:00 am, Fri, 4th Jul 2014
The talk will provide a brief overview of the findings of two completed research projects and one ongoing project related to the knowledge and beliefs of teachers of school mathematics. It will consider some existing frameworks for types of teacher knowledge, and the place of teachers’ beliefs and confidence in relation to these, as well as touching on how a broad construct of teacher knowledge might develop.
- [Permanent link]