- CARMA TEACHING AND LEARNING SEMINAR
- Speaker: ARC Laureate Fellow Prof. George Willis, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: The art of discovering what seems too good to be true
- Location: Room V129, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 12:00 pm, Tue, 5th Aug 2014
Mathematics can often seen almost too good to be true. This sense that mathematics is marvellous enlivens learning and stimulates research but we tend to let remarkable things pass without remark after we become familiar with them. The miracles of Pythagorean triples and eigenvalues will be highlights of this talk.
The talk will include some ideas of what could be blending into our teaching program.
- [Permanent link]