- CARMA RHD MEETING
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Dates: 1:00 pm, Thu, 25th Sep 2014 - 3:00 pm, Thu, 25th Sep 2014
- Ohab Giladi and Fabian Rigterink will present some of their work.
- Speaker: Ohad Giladi, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: The Ribe Program
In 1976, Ribe showed that if two Banach spaces are uniformly homeomorphic, then their finite dimensional subspaces are similar in some sense. This suggests that properties of Banach spaces which depend only on finitely many vectors should have a purely metric characterization. We will shortly discuss the history of the Ribe program, as well as some recent developments.
- Speaker: Fabian Rigterink , The University of Newcastle
- Title: Global optimization of generalized pooling problems
- Linear relaxations of bilinear (multilinear) terms
- A few results on the strength of linear relaxations of bilinear (multilinear) functions
- Univariate and bivariate (multivariate) partitioning of variables
- Properties of the McCormick relaxation
- Equal vs. unequal segment lengths
- [Permanent link]