- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Christophe Vignat, Tulane University
- Title: An introduction to umbral calculus with applications
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: CARMA [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 10:00 am, Wed, 3rd Sep 2014
Classical umbral calculus was introduced by Blissard in the 1860's and later studied by E. T. Bell and Rota. It is a symbolic computation method that is particularly efficient for proving identities involving elementary special functions such as Bernoulli or Hermite polynomials. I will show the link between this technique and moment representation, and provide examples of its application.
- [Permanent link]