- CARMA COMBINATORICS SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr Paul Leopardi, Australian National University
- Title: Twin bent functions and Clifford algebras
- Location: Room V129, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Thu, 25th Sep 2014
It is known that the function s defined on an ordering of the 4^m monomial
basis matrices of the real representation of the Clifford algebra Cl(m, m),
where s(A) = 0 if A is symmetric, s(A) = 1 if A is skew, is a bent function.
It is perhaps less well known that the function t, where t(A) = 0 if A is
diagonal or skew, t(A) = 1 otherwise, is also a bent function, with the
same parameters as s. The talk will describe these functions and their
relation to Hadamard difference sets and strongly regular graphs.
The talk was originally presented at ADTHM 2014 in Lethbridge this year.
- [Permanent link]