- CARMA ANALYSIS AND NUMBER THEORY SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr James Wan, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Title: Moments of elliptic integrals
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:30 pm, Wed, 24th Nov 2010
The complete elliptic integrals of the first and second kinds (K(x) and E(x)) will be introduced and their key properties revised. Then, new and perhaps interesting results concerning moments and other integrals of K(x) and E(x) will be derived using elementary means. Diverse connections will be made, for instance with random walks and some experimental number theory.
- [Permanent link]