- CARMA OUTREACH EVENT
- Speaker: Laureate Prof Jon Borwein, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Teachers' Visit Day
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 11:00 am, Mon, 28th Jun 2010
- Further information is available on the Teachers' Visit Day page.
CARMA reflects changes in the mathematical research being undertaken at Newcastle. Mathematics is "the language of high technology" which underpins all facets of modern life, while current Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has become ubiquitous. No other research centre exists which focuses on the implications of developments in ICT, present and future, for the practice of research mathematics. CARMA fills this gap through the exploitation and development of techniques and tools for computer-assisted discovery and disciplined data-mining including mathematical visualization. Advanced mathematical computation is equally essential to solution of real-world problems; sophisticated mathematics forms the core of software used by decision-makers, engineers, scientists, managers and those who design, plan and control the products and systems which are key to present-day life.
- [Permanent link]