- CARMA OANT SEMINAR
- Speaker: Assoc Prof Regina Burachik, University of South Australia
- Title: An additive subfamily of enlargements of a maximally monotone Operator
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: SeeVogh (non-AG) [ENQUIRIES]
- Time and Date: 1:30 pm, Mon, 27th Apr 2015
We introduce a subfamily of additive enlargements of a maximally monotone operator $T$. Our definition is inspired by the seminal
work of Fitzpatrick presented in 1988. These enlargements are a subfamily of the family of enlargements introduced by Svaiter in 2000. For the case $T = \partial f$, we prove that some members of the subfamily are smaller than the $\varepsilon$-subdifferential enlargement. For this choice of $T$, we can construct a specific enlargement which coincides with the$\varepsilon$-subdifferential. Since these enlargements are all
additive, they can be seen as structurally closer to the $\varepsilon$-subdifferential enlargement.
Joint work with Juan Enrique Martínez-Legaz (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona), Mahboubeh Rezaei (University of Isfahan, Iran), and Michel Théra (University of Limoges).
- [Permanent link]