- CARMA DISCRETE MATHEMATICS SEMINAR
- Speaker: Padraig Ó Catháin
- Title: Unbiased bases, uncertainty principles and trades in Hadamard matrices
- Location: Room VG25, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 1:00 pm, Wed, 27th May 2015
Arising originally from the analysis of a family of compressed sensing matrices, Ian Wanless and I recently investigated a number of linear algebra problems involving complex Hadamard matrices. I will discuss our main result, which relates rank-one submatrices of Hadamard matrices to the number of non-zero terms in a representation of a fixed vector with respect to two unbiased bases of a finite dimensional vector space. Only a basic knowledge of linear algebra will be assumed.
- [Permanent link]