- CARMA RHD MEETING
- Douglas-Rachford Working Group
- Speaker: Laureate Prof Jon Borwein, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Making wavelets
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Dates: 1:00 pm, Tue, 24th Nov 2015 - 3:00 pm, Tue, 24th Nov 2015
- Meeting of the Douglas-Rachford Working Group. Speakers Jon Borwein, Matt Tam and Jeff Hogan. Everyone welcome.
We'll answer the question "What's a wavelet?" and discuss continuous wavelet transforms on the line and connections with representation theory and singular integrals. The focus will then turn to discretization techniques, including multiresolution analysis. Matrix completion problems arising from higher-dimensional wavelet constructions will also be described.
- [Permanent link]