- CARMA DISCRETE MATHEMATICS SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof. Brian Alspach, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Orthogonalizeable groups
- Location: Room V129, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Wed, 6th Apr 2016
B. Gordon (1961) defined sequenceable groups and G. Ringel (1974) defined R-sequenceable groups. Friedlander, Gordon and Miller conjectured that finite abelian groups are either sequenceable or R-sequenceable. The preceding definitions are special cases of what T. Kalinowski and I are calling an orthogonalizeable group, namely, a group for which every Cayley digraph on the group admits either an orthogonal directed path or an orthogonal directed cycle. I shall go over the history and current status of this topic along with a discussion about the completion of a proof of the FGM conjecture.
- [Permanent link]