- CARMA COLLOQUIUM
- Speaker: Prof Heinz Bauschke, Mathematics and Statistics, UBC Okanagan
- Title: New Demiclosedness Principles for (Firmly) Nonexpansive Operators
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Access Grid Venue: IRMACS Room
- Time and Date: 9:30 am, Thu, 14th Apr 2011
The demiclosedness principle is one of the key tools in nonlinear analysis and fixed point theory. In this talk, this principle is extended and made more flexible by two mutually orthogonal affine subspaces. Versions for finitely many (firmly) nonexpansive operators are presented. As an application, a simple proof of the weak convergence of the Douglas-Rachford splitting algorithm is provided.
- [Permanent link]