- CARMA TEACHING AND LEARNING SEMINAR
- Speaker: Dr Andrew Kepert, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: A showcase of home-grown software tools for generating and managing assessment material
- Location: Room V206, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 10:00 am, Tue, 22nd Nov 2016
A challenge with our large-enrolment courses is to manage assessment resources: questions, quizzes, assignments and exams. We want traditional in-class assessment to be easier, quicker and more reliable to produce, in particular where multiple versions of each assessment is required. Our approach is to
- Manage a library of past assessments
- Generate assessments from the library, with or without randomness
- Algorithmically generate new assessments
We have implemented this within standard software: LaTeX, Ruby, git, and our favourite mathematics software.
We will briefly show off our achievements in 2016, including new features of the software and how we've used them in our teaching. We then invite discussion on we we can do to help our colleagues use these tools.
- [Permanent link]