- CARMA ANALYSIS AND NUMBER THEORY SEMINAR
- Speaker: Laureate Prof Jon Borwein, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: Mahler measures, short walks and logsin integrals, Part II
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:30 pm, Wed, 30th Mar 2011
The Mahler measure of a polynomial of several variables has been a subject of much study over the past thirty years. Very few closed forms are proven but more are conjectured. We provide systematic evaluations of various higher and multiple Mahler measures using log-sine integrals. We also explore related generating functions for the log-sine integrals. This work makes frequent use of “The Handbook” and involves extensive symbolic computations.
I will continue by showing relationships between Mahler measures and logsine integrals [PDF]. This should be comprehensible whether or not you heard Part 1.
- [Permanent link]