- BBP-type Formula Database
Mathematical constants who can be represented by BBP-type formula have the property that their n-th digit can be directly calculated without needing to compute any of the first (n-1) digits. This online database presents a comprehensive compilation of both formal and experimental BBP-type formulae.
The Inverse Symbolic Calculator 2 (ISC2) uses a combination of lookup tables and integer relation algorithms in order to associate with a user-defined, truncated decimal expansion (represented as a floating point expression) a closed form representation for the real number.
- DocServer repository
The DocServer repository is a preprint server for CARMA and related authors.
Resources and errata for Convex Functions by Jonathan M. Borwein and Jon D. Vanderwerff (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications 109).
Lattice Sums Then and Now
Resources and errata for Lattice Sums Then and Now by Jonathan M. Borwein, Larry Glasser, Ross McPhedran, James Wan and John Zucker (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications 150).
Resources and errata for Neverending Fractions by Jonathan M. Borwein, Alf van der Poorten, Jeffrey Shallit and Wadim Zudilin (Australian Mathematical Society Lecture Series 23).
- Convex Functions
- Electronic Journal of Graph Theory and Applications
The Electronic Journal of Graph Theory and Applications is supported by CARMA. It is a refereed journal devoted to all areas of modern graph theory together with applications to other fields of science.
- David Borwein at Ninety
A tribute, archive and biography, including a timeline of his life and archive of his publications.
- The Kurt Mahler Archive
The complete works of Kurt Mahler, collected in memory of Alf van der Poorten.
- "Mathematical Logic and Philosophy" Lecture Series
A four-lecture series by Prof Jeremy Avigad presented at CARMA in May 2015.
- Experimental Mathematics
Experimental mathematics is a raison d'être for CARMA; this page outlines a variety of current projects.
- Mathematicians Against Fraudulent Financial and Investment Advice (MAFFIA)
"A site created out of concern with the proliferation of quasi-mathematical investment claims and schemes in the past few years... which appear to be based on sophisticated mathematics, but which, upon more careful and rigorous analysis, are at best questionable."
- Backtest Overfitting: an interactive demonstration of the consequences of backtest overfitting on investment models and strategies, where investment strategies are developed based on general trading rules; for example seasonal opportunities.
- Tenure Maker: an interactive finance tool demonstrating the consequences of backtest overfitting on investment models and strategies, where investment strategies are developed based on forecasting equations; for example econometric models.
Inside you will find 12 famous mathematical contestants battling it out for supremacy.
There is a deep tradition within the mathematical sciences at the university of newcastle of care and involvement in education at all levels. We have a critical mass of people invested in this tradition, and this page is intended to describe and promote our activities, and hopefully to promote cooperation with other like-minded persons.
- Visualisation at CARMA
A collection of visualisation-related projects at CARMA.
- Walking on Real Numbers
A multimedia mathematics project.